'There Are But Four Small Faces' 2CD Mediabook
Small Faces debut USA LP released on Andrew Loog Oldham’s Immediate Records in 1968 has been newly expanded and remastered in 2014 from the original master tapes for the first time ever!
CD 1 features different songs to the 1967 UK version, including original stereo versions of 'Itchycoo Park', 'Here Come The Nice', 'Tin Soldier', 'Green Circles' and more.
CD 2 features a previously unreleased version of the album originally mixed & mastered exclusively for American AM radio promotional LPs which were never pressed.
BONUS TRACKS include previously unreleased takes of 'Eddie' Dreaming' and 'Show Me The Way' plus the rare American single edit of 'Here Come The Nice' restored from the original Olympic Studios acetate.
This definitive edition of 'There Are But Four Small Faces' has been overseen by surviving band members Kenney Jones and Ian McLagan and features previously unseen memorabilia and photography, plus In-depth sleeve notes by Ken Sharp with new exclusive interviews with Olympic Studios engineer George Chkiantz, PP Arnold, renowned photographer Gered Mankowitz and commentary by Eric Carmen ('All By Myself', The Raspberries) and Californian journalist Harvey Kubernik.
Also available as a limited edition 180 gram vinyl LP (CHARLY 107 L) cut by Matt Colton at Air Studios, London from the original production master tape with nothing else in the signal path and the lacquer. The cutting session was conducted under the supervision of Kenney Jones and Ian McLagan.
"Material that is by turns whimsical, hummable, danceable and, if you want it to be, thought-provoking."
★★★★ R2 MAGAZINE
"Handsomely packaged, generously expanded and annotated: mod maestros in their pomp."
8/10 GAVIN MARTIN, CLASSIC ROCK
"This smart reissue reinforces a case made by fans... it's still the sound of a band liberated by the studio, but crucially it includes contemporaneous singles all hoping to endear the group on its debut in the US market."
8/10 JOHN ROBINSON, UNCUT
1. Itchycoo Park [02:48]
2. Talk To You [02:07]
3. Up The Wooden Hills To Bedfordshire [02:04]
4. My Way Of Giving [01:58]
5. I`m Only Dreaming [02:23]
6. I Feel Much Better [03:57]
7. Tin Soldier [03:22]
8. Get Yourself Together [02:16]
9. Show Me The Way [02:08]
10. Here Come The Nice [03:03]
11. Green Circles [02:46]
12.(Tell Me) Have You Ever Seen Me? [02:15]
13. Eddie`s Dreaming (Take 4 Mix 1) [02:54]
14. Get Yourself Together (Early Mix) [02:18]
15. Show Me The Way (Take 5 Alt Mix) [02:11]
16. (Tell Me) Have You Ever Seen Me? (Alternate Take Stereo) [02:05]
1. Itchycoo Park (Usa Am Radio Version) [02:48]
2. Talk To You (Usa Am Radio Version) [02:05]
3. Up The Wooden Hills To Bedfordshire (Usa Am Radio Version) [02:01]
4. My Way Of Giving (Usa Am Radio Version) [01:56]
5. I`m Only Dreaming (Usa Am Radio Version) [02:21]
6. I Feel Much Better (Usa Am Radio Version) [03:56]
7. Tin Soldier (Usa Am Radio Version) [03:17]
8. Get Yourself Together (Usa Am Radio Version) [02:16]
9. Show Me The Way (Usa Am Radio Version) [02:04]
10. Here Come The Nice (Usa Am Radio Version) [02:56]
11. Green Circles (Usa Am Radio Version) [02:29]
12. (Tell Me) Have You Ever Seen Me? (Usa Am Radio Version) [02:14]
13. Tin Soldier (Tv Backing Track) [03:21]
14. Here Come The Nice (Usa Version) [02:46]
15. Green Circles (Take 1 Alternate Mix) [02:42]
CHARLY X 672 - OUT NOW
Part of The Small Faces Re-Masters Series
The last five years have seen a massive programme of tape recovery and upgrading with the full co-operation and endorsement of both surviving band members. Kenney Jones has given access to his personal tape archive and many of the band’s original master tapes and session multi-tracks, previously lost for over forty years, have been discovered and re-mastered. It is thus now possible to present the Small Faces’ recordings sounding better than at any time since the 1960s. The Re-Masters series also presents a host of newly discovered tracks and alternative versions, alongside original artwork, photos, rare publicity material and memorabilia with comprehensive new sleeve-notes based around band interviews.